L8 Legionella Awareness Training
It is a requirement of the regulations that those who are appointed to manage water systems and those that carry out the control measures and strategies should be suitably informed, instructed and trained.
With this in mind we have developed our L8 Legionella Awareness Training courses to enable an understanding of the guidelines. Our training courses are flexible and can be tailored to your specific requirements. Courses are held at either client’s premises or an external conference / training venue.
Who should attend?
- Maintenance operators, site / building managers, responsible persons, and anyone involved in the management control of legionella bacteria in water systems.
- Facts and history about legionella and Legionnaires disease
- Short Video presentations covering various aspects of Legionella Awareness and HSE video covering the control of legionella in hot and cold water systems and cooling towers
- Risk Systems and Risk Factors
- HSE ACOP L8 (4th Edition) – The control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems
- How to comply with the latest ACOP – HSG274 Parts 1, 2 & 3
- The importance of compliance
- Hot and cold water systems and the risks and control of legionella
- Cooling towers and the risks and control of legionella (where required)
- Legionella Control Association and Service Provider commitments
- Onsite technical testing, monitoring and inspection training and subsequent recording of results.
- Short assessment paper on course content
- Certificate of Competency issued on Completion