It is a requirement of L8 and HSG274 that those who are appointed to manage water systems and those that carry out the control measures and strategies should be suitably informed, instructed and trained.
With this in mind we have developed our L8 Legionella Awareness Training courses to enable an understanding of the guidelines. Our training courses are flexible and can be tailored to your specific requirements. Courses are held at either client’s premises or an external conference / training venue.
Who should attend?
- Maintenance operators, site / building managers, responsible persons, and anyone involved in the management control of legionella bacteria in water systems.
- Facts and history about legionella and Legionnaires disease
- Short Video presentations covering various aspects of Legionella Awareness and HSE video covering the control of legionella in hot and cold water systems and cooling towers
- Risk Systems and Risk Factors
- HSE ACOP L8 (4th Edition) – The control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems
- How to comply with the latest ACOP – HSG274 Parts 1, 2 & 3
- The importance of compliance
- Hot and cold water systems and the risks and control of legionella
- Cooling towers and the risks and control of legionella (where required)
- Legionella Control Association and Service Provider commitments
- Onsite technical testing, monitoring and inspection training and subsequent recording of results.
- Short assessment paper on course content
- Certificate of Competency issued on Completion
Accreditations and affiliations
Legionella Control Association
Phase is a member of the LCA. The LCA was established to ensure users receive a high level of audiatable services that are in full compliance with the guidance set out in L8
Phase Technology is accredited by SafeContractor providing our clients peace of mind that the work is undertaken competently and safely
Phase Technology holds ISO 14001:2015
Phase Technology has been ISO accredited since 1996 and currently holds ISO 9001:20015
Phase Technology is accredited at Organisation Level by Human Focus for General Health & Safety Arrangements. This certification scheme has been independently accredited by RoSPA